- Global equity fund with sustainability in mind
- The fund is suitable for clients with an investment horizon of 6 years or more
KCD-Union Nachhaltig AKTIEN
Global equity fund with sustainability in mind
The fund invests worldwide in shares in companies that must comply with a clearly defined list of requirements. An extensive process to calculate issuer sustainability is used here.
Individual securities selected by Union Investment
Strict exclusion criteria are the most significant initial hurdle for companies. For example, companies manufacturing munitions, alcohol and tobacco or offering gambling products are excluded right from the start. The second stage is analysis using the "best-in-class" approach to work out which securities providers implement the sustainability concept best. The fund management team at Union Investment then select individual securities from the remaining investment options, based on expected returns.
Fund advantages at a glance
- Attractive equity fund with simple, efficient access to "sustainability" investments opportunities
- Promising investment concept through active management with all due consideration of sustainability criteria
- Benefit from the know-how of investment professionals
- Opportunities for attractive capital growth, as a sustainable corporate strategy should have a positive effect on growth and profits in the long term
- Integration of "sustainable growth" into a diversified portfolio, ideally as the basis for long-term investment
The risks in detail
- Risk of market-related rate fluctuations and earnings risk
- Exchange rate risk
- The individual investor's vision of sustainability may differ from the investment policy
- The unit value may be exposed to greater rate fluctuation risk, depending on the composition of the fund and/or the techniques used for fund management
- Risk of drop in unit value as the result of individual issuers/contractual partners being late with payment or unable to pay
Important notes on investment product risks
The information provided here is only intended to be general information about the individual financial instrument types. It does not represent a conclusive picture of opportunities and risks for each investment product and should not be considered a substitute for comprehensive explanation and advice. For more detailed information about investment strategies and the individual investment products, including associated risks, execution venues, costs and ancillary costs, please seek advice from BIB before making your investment decision.